It’s no secret that Google is the number one search engine, so it should come as no surprise that it can also make or break the traffic on your site. Google is extremely powerful and when a site is properly optimized traffic can reach new heights, resulting in more potential leads.
This post is part one of four part series on “Googlefying Your Business.” First, a few easy steps to get you started on the right foot.
1. Websitegrader.com – Measure the marketing effectiveness of your site. This free tool by HubSpot will review your on-page SEO, Google Page Rank, indexed pages, traffic rank, inbound links, and blog grade to name a few. Great place to get started.
2. Google Webmaster Tools – Create an account and verify your site. The tool will allow you to monitor and test your site’s performance.
- Test crawler access
- Submit your Sitemap
- Research top search queries and keywords, links to your site, RSS subscriber stats, internal links
- Detect crawl errors and malware
- Review HTML suggestions
3. Add your site’s URL to Google – Help Google index your site. While Google adds new sites to its index every time it crawls the Web, this will help accelerate the process.
4. Submit your Sitemap – This also helps Google index your site faster and more accurately. According to search engine optimization (SEO) guru Chuck Reynolds of rYnoweb, every site should use one.
5. Add Google Analytics – Analyze traffic data, test and track campaigns, customize reports and charts, and determine how to best target and reach your audience.
What tools have you used to optimize your Web site and bolster its marketing effectiveness? Leave a comment with any suggestions you might have. Stay tuned for more on this topic.
For the audio interview click the play button below, and for the video podcast visit JetPack Radio.